Thursday, November 26, 2009

Future Travel – Machu Picchu



I’m going to travel Machu Picchu after my study abroad to Costa Rica next year, 2010.
Actually I already have completed image of Machu Picchu because I saw photos which some upperclassmen uploaded on Facebook.

But why am I still planning to go there?

I think that’s because I want to be satisfied with the fact that “I go to the place,”
which might be similar to those tourists who drive Lombard Street and who visit Fishermans’ Wharf.

However, I feel that I might have similar experience from the ones I had in San Francisco because I already have the completed image of Machu Picchu in my head.

How can I beyond experiencing the emptiness?

One way is looking for nature there – sunrise, wind, and smell

Because nature never be expected by hearing stories or looking photos,
and never be expected because it keeps changing.

Aren’t we often moved by beautiful sunrise and sunset, do we?
And don’t we regret that we should have brought cameras with us that time?
I think that’s because we never be able to see the exact same sunrise and sunset again.

If you expect to see same scenery as the photo of Machu Picchu,
you may feel the emptiness like I had in San Francisco.

However,
if your purpose for visiting famous sites is to feel the nature there,
you might be able to avoid from being disappointed.

Whether feeling empty or not is depending on your mind set.

No comments:

Post a Comment