Thursday, November 26, 2009

Fishermans’ Wharf


My friends also took me to Fishermans’ Wharf.
You see sooooooooooo many people there.

What you can do there are:
You can go shopping and buy souvenirs,
You can eat fresh seafood at restaurant,
You can go to the beautiful island close to the wharf by ship,
You can buy and eat fresh calamari, seafood soup, and other fried seafood.

However, when I reconsider the spot again, I wonder why this much bunch of people were there and they were so excited.

For me, Fishemans’ Wharf was the just usual wharf – nothing is different from the wharf close to my house in Japan.

The only difference between them is that Fishermans’ Wharf already has many services for tourists such as souvenir shops.

The wharf near my house is just as wharf, not as tourist site.
few people are usually there.
but fisherman work every day and some neighbors go there to buy fresh seafood.

What makes this Fishermans’ Wharf so special?
Do shops there sell the best fish?
I don’t think this is the reason.

The spot is one of famous tourist sites in San Francisco.
I don’t know how the wharf started to be so popular,
but the image of “famous tourist site” may induce people to feel excitement.

Don’t you become excited if you visit locations where are scenes of your favorite dramas or movies?
Don’t you feel like want to visit stores or restaurants where TV programs introduced?

I think that the popularity of Fishermans’ Wharf is there.
Fishermans' Wharf might be introduced via media one time,
and becoming more popular and popular and the location offers more services for tourists such as souvenir shops and big Christmas Tree.
Then, these services attract more tourists.

These are just my imagination,
but I think current popular Fishermans’ Wharf exists due to the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment